Medium Rigid Licence - TLILIC2015B
A medium rigid (MR) licence allows you to drive a vehicle over 8 tonnes GVM but with only 2 axles. This course runs for one day. Extra hours are available for an additional fee if required.
- An Australian driver's licence (Class C) for at least 12 months. First year of green P's.
- Pass the Rigid Knowledge Test at the NSW RMS. See practice test questions here.
- Obtain the CBA Learner's Logbook and Heavy Vehicle Guidebook from the RMS.
- Pre-operational checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down and secure
- Manages steering
- Manages gears (if applicable)
- Manages brakes
- Manages accelerator
- Create and maintain crash avoidance space
- Protect crash avoidance space
- Road rules and compliance
- Hill start/stop
- Load securing
- Bus stop procedure (if applicable)
Upon successful completion of this course you will then undertake a 1 hour final competency assessment with an independent assessor. All this is organised by us and included in your fee. Then you will receive a nationally recognised Certificate of Competency. Take this form to the Roads and Maritime Service / Service NSW and they will upgrade your licence.
Medium Rigid License