Heavy Rigid Licence - TLILIC2016B
A heavy rigid (HR) licence allows you to drive any rigid vehicle with 3 or more axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonne GVM. This includes articulated buses. Automatic/synchromesh and unrestricted/constant mesh endorsements now apply.
This course runs for over two days depending upon endorsement conditions. The endorsement may be removed with further training and assessment. Extra hours are available if required.
- An Australian driver's licence (Class C) for at least 12 months. Second year of green P's.
- Pass the Rigid Knowledge Test at the NSW RMS. See practice test questions here.
- Obtain the CBA Learner's Logbook and Heavy Vehicle Guidebook from the RMS.
- Pre-operational Check
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down and secure
- Manages steering
- Manages gears (if applicable)
- Manages brakes
- Manages accelerator
- Create and maintain crash avoidance space
- Protect crash avoidance space
- Road rules and compliance
- Hill start/stop
- Load securing
- Bus stop procedure (if applicable)
Upon successful completion of this course you will then undertake a 1 hour final competency assessment with an independent assessor. All this is organised by us and included in your fee. Then you will receive a nationally recognised Certificate of Competency. Take this form to the Roads and Maritime Service / Service NSW and they will upgrade your licence.
Below is the Dootson School of Trucking youtube page regarding double clutching while gear changing when using a crash box or RoadRanger gearbox.
Heavy Rigid License