Frequently Asked Questions

Please see below common questions. If you have any other concerns, please contact us.

What licence do I need?

Please look through the RMS pamphlet - Nation Driver License Classes.

What are your opening hours?

We are open, by appointment, seven days per week.

Will I need to do an RMS driving test?

No, you do not. We operate under the Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) scheme accredited by the RMS under which no further testing is required. We provide the training and carry out the assessment. 

Are you accredited?

We are accredited through the Roads and Maritime Service and affiliated with the registered training organisation DARE (Driver and Rider Education)P/L.

Are you a member of an organisation?

We are a member of the Australian Driver Training Association and operate by their code of conduct.

What area do you service?

We are based in Inverell and offer training and assessment to all residents with a NSW driver's licence. We can organise accommodation for people needing to stay overnight for the 2 day courses. 

What other costs are involved in getting my truck licence?

The Roads and Maritime Service will charge you for your Knowledge test, your log book and licence upgrade.

How To Double Clutch

Below is the Dootson School of Trucking youtube page regarding double clutching while gear changing when using a crash box or RoadRanger gearbox.

Learner Logbook

Learner Logbook